Zesty Tuna Antipasto
This Zesty Tuna Antipasto is a family favourite! Tons of veggies and flaked white albacore tuna come together in this delicious starter that’s so flavourful!
- 3 tbsp oil
- 2 medium carrots, sliced into rounds
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 1 small cauliflower, cut in ¼ inch pieces
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup baby gherkin pickles, chopped
- 1 cup pickled onions, chopped
- ½ cup stuffed olives, cut in half
- 3 cans (170g) Ocean’s Flaked Albacore Tuna, drained
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- In a large heavy saucepan, heat oil.
- Add carrots, green peppers, cauliflower and celery and sauté gently for 10 minutes, or until vegetables are softened but not brown. Add chili sauce, ketchup, gherkins, onions and olives and simmer for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add tuna and vinegar. Simmer until heated through. Cool. Refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Serve with crackers.
Tips and Tricks
This recipe is wonderful for canning. Follow your canner’s instructions.
Vary the vegetables in this recipe based on what you have on hand.
Spoon into bite sized tortilla bowls for easy eating.
For an even more sustainable choice, use Ocean’s Pole & Line Flaked White Albacore Tuna.