Tuna Grain Bowl
A colourful and healthy tuna Buddha bowl that’s not only simple to put together but looks gorgeous too!
HONEY MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard, or mustard of choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup cooked farro
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Flaked Light Tuna, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup sliced cucumbers
- Salad greens of choice
- 1 hard-boiled egg, cut in half
- Fresh cilantro
- Whisk together the vinaigrette ingredients, taste and season. Set aside.
- Build a bowl: place the farro in the bowl, then top with tuna, halved tomatoes, cucumbers, salad greens, egg, and cilantro. Repeat for the other bowl.
- Give the vinaigrette a whisk, then pour on to the bowl to taste.
- Notes: To cook farro, bring a large pot of salted water to a rapid boil. Add 1 cup of farro and cook at a simmer until tender or to your liking, about 20-30 minutes. Drain off excess water. Makes about 2 ½ cups cooked.
Tips and Tricks
Toast the uncooked farro before cooking to increase its nuttiness. Toast dry farro in a pot, stirring, for 2-3 minutes, or until it smells nutty and toasty. Proceed to cook as above.
For those watching their salt intake, use Ocean’s Chunk Light Tuna low sodium and season with your favourite herbs instead.