Chunk Light Tuna
(Skipjack tuna – Latin: Katsuwonus pelamis)
Skipjack, or light tuna, has a darker, pinkish colour compared to other tuna species. The texture of the smaller chunks makes it perfect for casseroles, sandwiches and salads.
- Skipjack tuna is one of the smaller species of tuna with an average weight of 3 kg. It is distinguished by the presence of four to seven dark, longitudinal stripes on their bellies. They have silvery flanks and short fins.
- Caught via purse seine fishing in the Pacific and Indian oceans.
- Our skipjack is caught without the use of Fish Aggregating devices which significantly reduces the risk of catching other fish and sea life.
- Skipjack tuna
- Sea salt
- 14g of protein per 55g serving
- Low in fat
- Low in saturated fat
- Free of trans fat
- MSC certified sustainably caught
- Wild caught
- Dolphin friendly
- Certified B Corp