Sesame Salmon Stir Fry
A fresh and pretty take on a quick stir fry.
- 1 can (213g) Ocean’s Wild Sockeye Salmon, drained
- 4 tbsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, finely chopped
- ½ cup celery, sliced
- 2 cups napa cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup snap peas
- ½ cup pea shoot for garnish
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds for garnish
- 2 cups white rice, cooked to directions on package
- Cook rice per directions on package. While rice is cooking prepare vegetables. Drain and flake salmon. Set aside.
- In a large, non-stick skillet or wok, heat oil over medium heat; add onion and ginger, sauté until translucent, approx. for 3-5 minutes.
- Add celery, snap peas and cabbage and stir fry until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Gently toss in flaked salmon and warm through. Serve on rice.
- Garnish with fresh pea shoots and sesame seeds.
Tips and Tricks
Substitute salmon for tuna for a change of pace.
Try a variety of rices to increase the interest of this dish. Coconut rice, Thai black rice, Red rice are all interesting choices.