Wild Sockeye Salmon
(Sockeye Salmon – Latin: Oncorhynchus nerka)
Wild caught in Alaska and MSC certified sustainable. Traditionally, fresh packed whole fillets, including skin and tender bones which provide you with calcium and omega-3s. Exclusively available at Costco.
- Sockeye salmon measure 18 to 31 inches in length and weigh 4-15 pounds.
- Sockeye salmon spend 1-4 years in fresh water and 1-3 years in the ocean.
- Sea-going sockeye salmon have iridescent silver flanks, a white belly, and a metallic green-blue top, giving them their “blueback” name.
- As sockeye salmon return upriver to their spawning grounds, their bodies turn brilliant red and their heads take on a greenish color, hence their other common name, “red” salmon.
- Sockeye salmon are found in cold waters of North Pacific Ocean – on the west coast of North America and on the east coast of Asia.
- Sockeye salmon
- 12g of protein per 55g serving
- Natural source of omega-3s
- Low in saturated fat
- Free of trans fat
- Good source of calcium
- Certified B Corp
- Ocean Wise Recommended
The quality has dropped dramatically
To determine if it’s Struvite or not, place it in some vinegar and let it sit for a few hours or overnight. If it’s salt, it will dissolve in the vinegar. Glass will remain intact.
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of the unsatisfactory colour in a can of our Wild Sockeye Salmon. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and confusion this may have caused. The sockeye species varies in colour due to a variety of reasons like genetics, the area the fish was caught, and the food the fish consumes in the ocean.