Wild Sockeye Salmon
Wild caught in Alaska and MSC certified sustainable. Traditionally, fresh packed whole fillets, including skin and tender bones which provide you with calcium and omega-3s. Exclusively available at Costco.See Nutritional Information
- Sockeye salmon measure 18 to 31 inches in length and weigh 4-15 pounds.
- Sockeye salmon spend 1-4 years in fresh water and 1-3 years in the ocean.
- Sea-going sockeye salmon have iridescent silver flanks, a white belly, and a metallic green-blue top, giving them their “blueback” name.
- As sockeye salmon return upriver to their spawning grounds, their bodies turn brilliant red and their heads take on a greenish color, hence their other common name, “red” salmon.
- Sockeye salmon are found in cold waters of North Pacific Ocean – on the west coast of North America and on the east coast of Asia.
- Sockeye salmon
- 12g of protein per 55g serving
- Natural source of omega-3s
- Low in saturated fat
- Free of trans fat
- Good source of calcium
- Certified B Corp
How Was it Caught?
Wild caught by Gillnet and Troller by an MSC (Marine Stewardship Council) certified fishery. Gillnets are rectangular nets that hang in the water from the stern or bow of the vessel. Fishermen ensure that they use the correct mesh size and suspend these nets to target salmon specifically. Trollers suspend hooks and lines from large poles in their fishing vessels. They then choose specific lure types and arrange them to only catch salmon and not other marine life.Track This Product