Ocean’s Tuna Flatbread
A refreshing twist on an old favourite! This tuna flatbread recipe is simple, yet delicious! You’ll crave it even more once it’s gone.
- 1 ¾ cups ripe plum tomatoes, cubed
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onion, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Solid Albacore Tuna, drained
- 8 thick slices French baguette
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Toss tomatoes, garlic and onion in a mixing bowl.
- Add basil to the tomatoes, along with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and tuna. Mix and set aside.
- Brush olive oil over each slice of bread and toast. Spoon the tomato & tuna mixture over the bread. Serve immediately.
- You may also choose to brush each bread slice with olive oil, spoon on mixture, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and toast.
Tips and Tricks
Add diced, blanched peppers for additional colour.
For an even more sustainable choice, use Ocean’s Pole & Line Solid White Albacore Tuna.