Ocean’s Tuna Flatbread
A refreshing twist on an old favourite!
- 1¾ cups ripe plum tomatoes, cubed
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp onions, minced
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- ½ tsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 1 can (184g or 170g) Ocean’s Solid Albacore Tuna, drained
- 8 thick slices French baguette
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Toss tomatoes, garlic and onions in a mixing bowl.
- Add basil to the tomatoes, along with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and tuna. Mix and set aside.
- Brush olive oil over each slice of bread and toast. Spoon the tomato & tuna mixture over the bread. Serve immediately.
- You may also choose to brush each bread slice with olive oil, spoon on mixture, sprinkle parmesan cheese on top and toast.
Tips and Tricks
Add diced, blanched peppers for additional colour.
For an even more sustainable choice, use Ocean’s Pole & Line Solid White Albacore Tuna.