Crab Cakes with Roasted Pepper Aioli
A twist on classic crab cakes thanks to the roasted pepper aioli. Try them as a side for dinner or on a toasted english muffin, eggs benedict style!
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Wild Crabmeat, drained
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- ¼ cup celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red pepper, finely chopped
- ¼ cup parsley, finely chopped
- ¾ cup unsalted soda crackers, crushed
- ½ tsp thyme
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp horseradish
- 1 large egg
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 roasted red peppers, skinned, seeded & drained on paper towel
- ½ tsp dry mustard
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Make aioli: place all ingredients into a food processor; purée until smooth. Set aside to let flavours combine.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C)
- Combine all other ingredients in a large mixing bowl; mix well.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet. Pack crab mixture into a ¼ cup measuring cup; lightly tap to drop onto baking sheet; flatten to make ½ inch thick cakes.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Finish under the broiler to further brown the tops of cakes.
- Drizzle with aioli and serve warm.
Tips and Tricks
Makes a great light lunch when two are served on top of a salad.
Would also make a great protein hack for eggs Benedict.