Tuna Sloppy Joes
These tuna sloppy joes are a delicious twist on a weekday favourite! The classic sandwich and Ocean’s Flaked White Albacore Tuna join forces!
- 1 can (184g or 170g) Ocean’s Flaked Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin and chili powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large frying pan over medium high heat oil. Saute onions, garlic and peppers for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tuna, cumin and chili powder continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium stir in ketchup, mustard and tomato sauce and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon on to toasted hamburger buns and enjoy.
Tips and Tricks
Substitute regular hamburger buns with sliders or pretzel buns.
Light tuna can be substituted for Albacore.
Try this with Gold Seal Sockeye or Pink Salmon for a new twist.
For an even more sustainable choice, use Ocean’s Pole & Line Flaked White Albacore Tuna.