Tuna Sloppy Joes
These tuna sloppy joes are a delicious twist on a weekday favourite! The classic sandwich and Ocean’s Flaked White Albacore Tuna join forces!
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Flaked Albacore Tuna, drained
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup ketchup
- 1 tbsp mustard
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin and chili powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns, toasted
- In a large frying pan over medium-high heat oil. Sauté onions, garlic, and peppers for 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add tuna, cumin, and chili powder continue to sauté for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium stir in ketchup, mustard, and tomato sauce and continue to cook for 5-8 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spoon on to toasted hamburger buns and enjoy.