Step Into Spring Tuna Salad
Make any time of year!
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Pole & Line Chunk Light Tuna, drained
- 2 pita pockets (7”)
- 4 large ripe tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 1 English cucumber, peeled and diced
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- ½ cup fennel, thinly sliced
- ½ cup kalamata olives, sliced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- freshly ground black pepper and salt
- ½ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup fresh mint, chopped
- Toast pita’s in a pre-heated 350 oven for 3-4 min or in a toaster oven.
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon zest and juice, black pepper and salt to taste.
- In a medium size mixing bowl combine tomatoes, cucumber, fennel, tuna, and olives. Toss gently to combine.
- Place tuna mixture on top of the pitas and then crumble feta on top.
- Drizzle with lemon dressing and, garnish with mint.
Tips and Tricks
Pitas can be replaced with naan bread.
Use a combination of fresh herbs (mint, thyme, parsley, oregano) to add more interest to the salad.
Using a variety of coloured tomatoes will add visual interest and a deeper taste.