Linguine al Tonno
A twist on a classic Italian dish that’s quick and easy to prepare!
CRISPY GARLIC BREADCRUMBS:
- 1 slice day-old dry crusty bread
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp capers, rinsed and drained
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 bunch kale, tough stems removed and roughly chopped
- 12 oz linguine
- 2 cans (170g) Ocean’s Flaked White Tuna
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Make the breadcrumbs: pulse the day-old bread in a food processor or roughly chop until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Heat up the butter in a pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and breadcrumbs, stirring often, until golden brown and crisp. Remove from the pan and let cool completely.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add sliced garlic, stirring occasionally, until golden but not brown, about 1 minute. Add the capers and crushed red peppers. Add in the tomatoes cover, and cook on low for five minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up a large pot of salted water and cook the linguine according to the package.
- When the tomatoes are done, remove the lid and carefully, using the back of a wooden spoon, crush the tomatoes into a sauce and reduce slightly over medium heat. Stir in the kale and tuna.
- When the pasta is done, use tongs to transfer pasta to pot with sauce along with a ¼ cup of pasta cooking liquid. Cook, tossing often, until pasta is coated and glossy, adding pasta water if needed. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Serve in bowls topped with the crispy garlic breadcrumbs.
Tips and Tricks
For an even more sustainable choice, use Ocean’s Pole & Line Flaked White Tuna.