Greek Tuna Burgers
Need the perfect protein for your burger? Something healthy-ish, yet packed with bold flavours? Meet the ultimate summer food – Ocean’s Greek Tuna Burger is here to win every barbeque party and dinner.
- 2 cans (170g each) Ocean’s Flake Light Tuna, drained
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 whole grain burger buns
- ½ field cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 pieces butter lettuce
- Optional: Tzatziki
Note: To ensure patties stay together and don’t crumble, make sure tuna is well drained. Pat dry with paper towel to get rid of any extra liquid. Alternatively, bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes for a more compact patty.
- In a large bowl, combine burger patty ingredients. Use a fork to combine ingredients well.
- Form into 4 equal patties and set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat
- Cook patties until golden brown and heated through, approx. 5-7 minutes per side, adding more oil for the second side as needed.
- Toast your burger bun if desired. Top with cucumber, avocado, tomato, lettuce and any other desired condiments
Tips and Tricks
Swap dill for basil for a different flavor twist.
For an even more sustainable choice, use Ocean’s Pole & Line Solid White Albacore Tuna