Greek Tuna Burgers
Need the perfect protein for your burger? Something healthy-ish, and packed with bold flavours? Meet the ultimate summer food – Ocean’s Greek Tuna Burger is here to win every barbeque party and dinner! These make great sliders as well.
- 2 cans (170g) Ocean’s Flaked Light Tuna, drained
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- ¼ cup fresh dill, chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 whole-grain burger buns
- ½ field cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 4 pieces butter lettuce
- Optional: Tzatziki
- In a large bowl, combine burger patty ingredients. Use a fork to combine ingredients well.
- Form into 4 equal patties and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook patties until golden brown and heated through, approx. 5-7 minutes per side, adding more oil for the second side as needed.
- Toast your burger bun if desired. Top with cucumber, avocado, tomato, lettuce and any other desired condiments.
Tips and Tricks
To ensure patties stay together and don’t crumble, make sure tuna is well-drained. Pat dry with paper towel to get rid of any extra liquid. Alternatively, bake at 400°F for 15-20 minutes for a more compact patty.
Swap dill for basil for a different flavour twist.
For an even more sustainable choice, use Ocean’s Pole & Line Solid White Albacore Tuna.