Clams, Leek And Sweet Corn Chowder
Everyone needs a rich, flavourful sweet corn chowder recipe that’s easy to enjoy on a cold winter night.
- 3 cans (142g) Ocean’s Whole Baby Clams
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 1 ¾ cup chicken stock
- 4 medium new potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 2 cups half and half cream
- ½ cup canned or frozen sweet corn
- 2 tsp thyme leaves, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Drain clams, reserving the liquid.
- In medium heat, melt butter in a large saucepan. Add leeks, and cook gently for 5-6 minutes, without browning them.
- Add reserved clam liquid, chicken stock, and potatoes, and bring to a boil, then reduce heat. Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes, or until leeks and potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, blend corn starch with 2-3 tbsp of half-and-half and set aside.
- Add remaining cream to saucepan with the sweet corn and thyme. Heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Add blended corn starch mixture to the soup, and cook gently, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Stir in clams, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks
Serve with fresh garlic bread.