Clam Miso Soup
An elevated yet authentic version of everyone’s favourite Japanese soup. Perfect as a starter, but even better after a meal! This miso soup recipe helps with digestion so you don’t feel bloated after a good eating session.
- 1 can (142g) Ocean’s Baby Clams
- 1 ½ cup water
- 6 fresh Manila clams, cleaned
- 1 tbsp white miso paste, or to taste
- ½ package medium-firm or silken tofu, cut into small cubes
- Wakame (seaweed), if desired
- Place the clams and water in a pot and heat over medium high heat to a low boil. Cover with a lid and continue to cook until the clams open.
- Place the miso in a ladle with a bit of the hot soup, and use the back of a spoon or a small whisk to dissolve the miso. Stir into the soup.
- Add the tofu and wakame (if using). Turn the heat back on to low and heat through. Don’t let the soup come to a boil. Once hot, transfer to bowls and serve.
Tips and Tricks
Add chopped jalapeños for a spicy miso soup.