Asian Tuna Salad
Add some Asian flair to your salads! This simple recipe packs a ton of flavour!
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Flaked White Albacore Tuna, drained
- ½ cup fresh lime juice, from 2 large limes
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 package dried rice noodles
- 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 5 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, chopped
- In a small bowl, prepare the dressing by combining the lime juice, cilantro, sugar, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño. Let sit for at least 10 minutes to marry the flavours.
- In a large pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook the rice noodles for 4 minutes. Drain and rinse noodles with cold water.
- On a large platter or bowl, combine the drained noodles with the carrot, cucumber, and radishes.
- Toss salad with the dressing and tuna, then garnish with fresh mint leaves.
Tips and Tricks
Adding ½ cup salted peanuts can enhance the flavour of this dish.
For an even more sustainable choice, use Ocean’s Pole & Line Flaked White Albacore Tuna.