Zucchini Tuna Muffins
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- 1 medium zucchini, grated and squeezed of excess moisture
- 2 cans (170g) Ocean’s Flaked White Tuna, drained and squeezed of excess moisture
- 1 cup aged cheddar, grated, divided
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease or line a 12 cup muffin tin.
- Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, black pepper, sugar and dried thyme to a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, olive oil and greek yogurt. Fold in the zucchini, tuna, green onion and half of the cheddar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix until just combined.
- Disperse the batter evenly between the 12 muffin cups, top each one with the remaining aged cheddar and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean. Let cool in the tray for ten minutes before removing.
This recipe makes 12 muffins.