Tuna Stuffed Acorn Squash
- 2 acorn squash, cut in half lengthwise and all seeds removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups kale, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 3 cans (80g) Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna in Basil-Infused Oil, drained
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- 1 tbsp red or white wine vinegar
- 1 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 4 tbsp goat cheese
- 2 tbsp sage, thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Brush the squash with 1 tbsp of olive oil, season with salt and place on a lined baking sheet, flesh facing down. Bake until squash is fork tender, 30-45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-low heat. Sauté the shallot, garlic, nutmeg and cinnamon for 3 minutes until fragrant. Add the kale and sauté for 8-10 minutes or until softened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked vegetables to a bowl with the quinoa, tuna and dried cherry. Add the red wine vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Distribute the quinoa filling evenly amongst the hollowed out squash halves.
- Garnish with roasted hazelnuts, goat cheese and sage and serve.
Tips and Tricks
To add a bit of spice, try Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna in Chili Infused Oil.