Tuna Salad in Pita Pockets
Honestly, there’s just so much to love about this Tuna Pita Pockets that we can’t stop talking about it. Ocean’s tuna + cumin + coriander + all your favourite veggies = can we get another serving of this deliciousness, please?
- 2 cans (170g), Ocean’s Flaked Light Tuna
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- ⅓ lb green beans, blanched
- 4 small ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 6 leaves of lettuce, chopped or torn
- 1 pepper, any colour, diced
- 6 large Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced and smashed to a paste with the side of a knife
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 6 pita breads
- In a medium to large bowl, place the Ocean’s Tuna, add ground cumin and coriander powder and then mix it with all the other salad ingredients.
- Add the vinegar and olive oil. Leave in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Toss the salad gently and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut pita pockets in half, fill each half with tuna salad mixture.
Tips and Tricks
Try this recipe with Ocean’s Flaked Light Tuna – Smoked!