Tuna Queso Dip
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 green onions, white and green parts, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 tsp Chipotle powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- 1 ½ cup half and half
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 cups aged cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 cans (80g) Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna in Chili Infused Oil, drained
- ½ cup bell pepper, diced for garnishing
- ¼ cup pickled jalapeno, for garnishing
- Cilantro, for garnishing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Nachos, for serving
- Melt the butter in a medium pot over medium-low heat. Add the white parts of the green onion, garlic, tomatoes, chipotle powder, cumin, and coriander and cook for 3-4 minutes until fragrant. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add in the half and half and the cornstarch and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer and then turn heat back down to medium-low.
- Add in the cheddar cheese and stir until the mixture is smooth and well combined.
- Stir in the tuna.
- Remove from the heat, transfer to a bowl and garnish with the diced bell pepper, pickled jalapeno, cilantro and the green parts of the green onion. Finish with cracked black pepper and serve with nachos.