Tuna Pad Thai
Ordering Pad Thai sounds nice, but what if we told you that you can cut the calories in half and make an even more delicious meal at home? Sound too good to be true? Try our Tuna Pad Thai recipe and see for yourself!
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice noodles, cooked
- 3 cups of spiralized vegetable noodles (suggest zucchini and carrots)
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Solid White Albacore Tuna
- 2 tbsp peanuts, roasted and salted
- ½ cup bean sprouts
- 1 stalk of green onion, sliced
- ½ lime cut into wedges
- 3 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken or vegetable stock
- ¼ tsp chili flakes
- Juice of half lime
- Combine all sauce ingredients. Whisk with a fork to combine well and set aside. Add more peanut butter if you prefer a thicker sauce.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, approx. 2 minutes.
- Add rice noodles and vegetable noodles, peppers, and sauté 2-3 minutes.
- Add tuna and sauce, stir to coat noodles evenly and until noodles and tuna are heated through, approx. 3-4 more minutes.
- Divide the mixture between 2 plates. Top with peanuts, bean sprouts and green onion. Finish with a squeeze of lime if desired.
Tips and Tricks
Swap rice noodles for an additional 2 cups of vegetable noodles for more colour and a higher fibre option.