Tuna Lettuce Wraps
This Ocean’s recipe features easy tuna lettuce wraps with Asian flavours! So good! Serve this as a refreshing appetizer or enjoy as a light lunch.
- 6 oz vermicelli noodles
- 10 lettuce leaves, *butter lettuce recommended
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 4 cans (80g) Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna In Basil Infused Oil
- 1 cup Thai basil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp tamari or soy sauce
- Cook vermicelli noodles as per instructions on the package. Once done, drain, and run under cold water to stop the cooking.
- Wash lettuce well and dry. Set aside.
- In a pan over medium heat, add shallots, garlic, and red pepper and cook until translucent.
- Add the tuna and half of the sauce to the pan. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Divide vermicelli noodles and tuna mixture evenly amongst lettuce wraps.
- Drizzle with remaining sauce, Thai basil, and ground pepper.