- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter
- 4 strips bacon, thinly sliced widthwise
- 1 small butternut squash, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups spinach
- 454g potato gnocchi
- 3 cans (80g) Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the gnocchi according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup of the cooking water, drain and run under cold water.
- Meanwhile, cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet or dutch oven until browned and crispy, 5 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside on a paper towel. Use a paper towel to wipe the skillet clean.
- Heat the oil and 1 tbsp of butter in the same skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the butternut squash and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring frequently until fork tender – roughly 15 minutes.
- Add the garlic and spinach and cook for 3 more minutes until fragrant and the spinach has wilted. Transfer everything to a bowl.
- Heat the remaining butter over medium-high heat and add the gnocchi in a single layer. Refrain from stirring too much. Cook until gnocchi is golden brown and crispy. You will need to do this in two batches.
- Add the butternut squash toppings back to the skillet with the bacon and tuna. Add the reserved pasta water and stir everything to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Garnish with parmesan and serve.
Tips and Tricks
To add a bit of spice, try Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna in Chili Infused Oil.