Tuna Apple Melt
A delicious classic with a sweet twist! This tuna melt recipe with warm diced apples makes the perfect sweet and savoury treat! Flatbread style on some pita and topped with grated cheese.
- 2 cans (170g) of Ocean’s Low Sodium Tuna
- ½ cup Granny Smith apple, diced
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup gherkin (or dill pickle), diced
- 1 scallion, sliced finely
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 Greek style pita
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Zest and juice lemon into a med size bowl.
- Peel and dice apple, toss in lemon juice/zest.
- Open and drain Ocean’s Low Sodium Tuna. Gently mix with all ingredients.
- Spread tuna/apple mix onto pita. Top with cheese and pop in oven until edges are brown and cheese is melted. Roughly 5-10 min.