Sweet Potato Lentil Stew with Tuna
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 3 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 2 tbsp curry powder
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 cup dried green lentils, rinsed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Siciliana sauce
- 2 cans (170g) Ocean’s Flaked Albacore Tuna, drained
- 4 cups spinach
- 1 cup cilantro, to garnish
- ½ cup plain yogurt, for serving
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt coconut oil in a large pot over medium-low heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, celery, carrot and curry powder. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for 10 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add tomato paste and sauté for another 3 minutes. Add the dried lentils, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, and Authentica Siciliana sauce and bring to a simmer. Once simmering, turn the heat down to low, cover, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until the lentils are fully cooked.
- Stir in the tuna and spinach. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with yogurt and cilantro.