Spicy Mediterranean Tuna Cakes
- 2 tbsp neutral oil (grapeseed, canola, avocado)
- 1 can navy beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Chunk Light tuna
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ¾ cup panko
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ½ cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Using a fork or potato masher, mash the beans in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all other ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Form into 2 tbsp sized patties.
- Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Put cakes in the skillet with an inch between each. You should hear a sizzle when they are added to the oil. Depending on the size of your skillet, you may have to do this in two batches.
- Cook the cakes for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crispy.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for 12 minutes.