Spaghetti Squash With Pesto, Tuna And Toasted Almonds
FOR THE PESTO:
- 6 cups basil, loosely packed
- ¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
- ¼ cup cashews, toasted
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- 1 lemon, juice
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 cup store-bought pesto
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Chunk Light Tuna
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup toasted almonds, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zest
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Use a metal spoon to scoop out the seeds. Drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place it cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-35 minutes or until squash is easily pierced with a fork. Remove from the oven, flip the squash over to prevent further cooking and set aside.
- To make the pesto add the basil, pine nuts, cashews, garlic, parmesan, lemon juice and salt to a food processor and pulse several times until a chunky paste is formed. With the processor running on low, slowly drizzle in the ½ cup of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Using a fork, shred the spaghetti squash widthwise and add to a mixing bowl.
- Toss the spaghetti squash with the pesto. Top with tuna and cherry tomatoes.
- Garnish with toasted almonds, lemon zest and cracked black pepper.