Smoked Oyster Spread
- 1 medium red beet
- 2 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed *option to substitute chickpeas
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp Nonna Pia’s Classic Balsamic Glaze
- 4 tbsp Feta cheese, divided
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped, divided
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can (85g) Ocean’s Smoked Oysters in Sunflower Oil, drained
- 2 tbsp pomegranate seeds
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Steam the beet for roughly 30 minutes until easily pierced with a fork. Run under cold water, peel, and cut into quarters.
- Add the beet to a food processor with the cannellini beans, garlic, lemon juice, balsamic glaze, 3 tbsp of the feta, ½ tbsp rosemary, olive oil and smoked oysters. Season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl and garnish with the remaining feta, rosemary and pomegranate seeds. Serve with toasted baguette or crackers.