Smoked Mussels, Hazelnut And Ricotta Crostini
A crispy crostini topped with delicious smoked mussels, aromatic hazelnut, and smooth ricotta cheese. Definitely a crowd-pleaser to start off a casual dinner or an elevated snack for the perfect pick-me-up!
- 1 baguette
- 2 cans (85g each) Ocean’s Whole Smoked Mussels
- 1 cup ricotta
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup hazelnuts, skinless
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Thinly slice baguette. Brush olive oil on both sides and lightly season with salt. Bake in the oven until brown and crispy, 8-12 minutes.
- Simultaneously, roast the hazelnuts on a baking sheet for 10-15 minutes, watching to make sure they don’t burn. Once cooled, roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Drain mussels. Put aside.
- Mix ricotta with lemon and salt.
- To prepare, spread ricotta mixture on the baguette. Top with mussels, chopped hazelnuts and garnish with parsley and cracked pepper.