Peri Peri Tuna, Hummus & Cucumber Sweet Potato Toast
- 1 large sweet potato
- ½ tbsp oil
- ½ cup hummus
- 1 cup cucumber, thinly sliced into coins
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Flaked White Tuna, drained
- 1 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp store bought or homemade Peri Peri sauce
- ¼ cup sprouts, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the sweet potato lengthwise in ¼ inch thick slices. Depending on the size of your sweet potato, this should yield 3-4 slices. Brush both sides of each slice with oil. Roast for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through. Sweet potato should be easily pierced with a fork.
- In a small bowl, mix the tuna, mayo and peri peri sauce.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Top each slice with hummus, cucumbers, tuna and sprouts.
Tips and Tricks
You can substitute the Peri Peri Sauce with any hot sauce of your choice.