Mason Jar Tuna Rainbow Power Salad
If you, just like us, are obsessed with mason jar everything, don’t miss this recipe! Our Mason Jar Tuna Rainbow Power Salad is a real nutrition powerhouse, perfect for lunch or no-mess weeknight dinner.
- 8 cups of mixed greens
- 2 cans (170g each) Oceans Solid Albacore Tuna, drained
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow pepper (approx 1 cup), diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey
- Coarse salt and freshly-cracked pepper to taste
- 1 clove garlic, minced * optional
- Cook Quinoa according to package directions.
- Combine all salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl or jar. Whisk until well combined and set aside.
- To make your mason jar salads. Start by dividing the dressing evenly into the bottom of 4 large mason jars.
- Next, layer your ingredients in preferred order.
- Enjoy immediately or store in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Tips and Tricks
Try a unique grain like millet or wheat berries in place of the quinoa for something different!