- 6 orange bell peppers, preferably with the green stems intact
- 150g macaroni
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 ½ cup cheddar cheese
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Solid Albacore Tuna, drained
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the tops off of the bell peppers and use a spoon to scoop out the white pith and seeds from the inside. Use a paring knife to carve a jack-o-lantern face into each pepper. Reserve the tops.
- Cook macaroni in a pot of salted boiling water. Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water. Strain the macaroni and run under cold water.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Once melted, add in flour and whisk to combine. Cook for 1 minute, whisking often. Pour in your cream, a little bit at a time, and constantly whisk until smooth.
- Add both cheeses to the pan and whisk to combine.
- Add in the tuna and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in the macaroni noodles and reserved pasta water.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes before filling the peppers with macaroni and cheese.