Harvest Tuna Bowl
Everything tastes better when served in a bowl. Especially if it’s a bowl filled with roasted fall veggies, sweet apples, crunchy kale and wild-caught albacore tuna!
- 2 cans (170g) Ocean’s Flaked White Albacore Tuna
- 2 cups cooked quinoa, seasoned with salt and 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 2 large beets
- 1 large sweet potato
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups kale, tough ribs removed
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- sprouts, for garnish
- 2⁄3 cup tahini
- 2 tbsp miso (shiro)
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 4 tbsp Nonna Pia’s apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 tbsp warm water
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Dice the root vegetables into 1 1⁄2 inch pieces, toss them in olive oil, salt and pepper and roast for 30-40 minutes on a lined baking sheet, or until soft.
- Chop the kale. Drizzle with olive oil, 1⁄2 tbsp apple cider vinegar and a pinch of salt. Massage with your hands to break down the kale. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Build bowls with cooked quinoa, roasted veggies, kale, sliced apple, toasted pumpkin seeds and cranberry. Drizzle with miso-tahini sauce and garnish with sprouts.