Classic Tuna Casserole
The classic tuna casserole is a midweek hero and family favourite! Cheesy, creamy, comforting goodness awaits in this original Ocean’s recipe with our Flaked Light Tuna. You’ll be asking for seconds after the first bite! It’s so good!
- 340g egg noodles
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 cups sliced cremini mushrooms
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp Tamari
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 ½ cup aged Cheddar, grated
- 2 cans (170g) Ocean’s Flaked Light Tuna
- 1 cup green peas
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cook egg noodles as per directions on the package, minus two minutes. Add the frozen peas to the boiling water two minutes before draining. Drain and rinse under cold water.
- Melt butter over med-high heat. Add mushrooms and cook (without stirring too much) until golden brown and slightly crispy, 8-10 minutes.
- Add flour and stir constantly. Slowly pour in the milk and whisk constantly so there are no lumps. Add Tamari. Reduce for 4 minutes, stirring constantly to prevent burning.
- Taste the sauce and add any salt and pepper, if needed.
- Slowly add half of the cheese while continuing to stir. Add in tuna. Mix in the cooked noodles and peas and toss until everything is combined.
- Add everything to a greased casserole dish and bake for 30 minutes, adding the remaining cheese halfway through cooking time.