Clam Chowder Loaded Potato Skins
Clam chowder or loaded potato skins? Why not both! These 2 comfort foods come together in 1 warm dish that the whole family will love. Enjoy it as a side for a casual dinner during the week.
- 6 small red potatoes
- 4 oz diced pancetta
- 1 can (142g) Ocean’s Baby Clams, drained – reserve your clam juice!
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 oz goat cheese
- ½ cup greek yogurt
- ½ cup grated parmesan
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp reserved clam juice
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- Fresh chives or thyme to garnish
- Cracked black pepper to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Pierce the potatoes with a fork and bake in the oven on a lined baking sheet. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until soft, turning once halfway through.
- Heat a pan over medium-high heat. Cook pancetta until crispy. Remove from pan and place on paper towel.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a medium frying pan over medium-low heat. Sauté onion and garlic until soft. Remove from pan.
- Once potatoes have cooled, cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, being careful not to break the skin. Add potato flesh to a bowl with the clams, cooked onion and garlic, goat cheese, yogurt, half of the parmesan, lemon juice, Worcestershire and ½ the pancetta. Season with salt, to taste.
- Put potato mixture back into the skins and top with remaining parmesan and pancetta. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Garnish with fresh chives or thyme and cracked black pepper.