Baked Tuna, Ricotta And Spinach Pinwheels
- 450g pizza dough
- ⅛ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ red onion, diced
- 3 clove garlic, minced
- 4 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1 can (170g) Ocean’s Flaked White Tuna, drained
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 jar (530ml) Authentica Arrabiata Sauce (*optional), for dippin
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a pan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until translucent, 5 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted, 3 minutes.
- Add to a large mixing bowl with artichoke hearts, tuna, ricotta, parmesan and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper and refrigerate until needed.
- On a lightly floured surface, work the dough out into a large rectangle roughly 2 ft long and ¼ inch thick. Use your hands to gently pull and stretch the dough until it reaches the proper dimensions.
- Spread the spinach and ricotta mixture evenly over the dough so it covers everything except one inch along the length of the top.
- Using your fingers, apply a bit of water along the empty strip of dough at the top to seal. Working carefully, roll the dough lengthwise so it looks like a log. Move slowly and be careful not to rip the dough. Press firmly at the top so it seals. Place in the freezer for 15 minutes. Remove from the freezer and cut the log into 1 inch thick medallions.
- Arrange the medallions on a large baking sheet that has been lightly dusted with flour.
- Lightly brush each wheel with egg.
- Bake for 25 minutes, turning the baking sheet halfway. Bake until golden brown.
- Serve with Authentica Arrabiata Sauce for dipping.