Tuna with Sweet Pea Quinoa Pilaf
High protein, high flavour and low in fat and calories.
- 3 cans (130g) Ocean’s No Drain Solid Light Tuna With Sunflower Oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced celery
- ¼ cup diced red pepper
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup fresh or frozen sweet peas
- In a large sauce pan over medium-high heat add olive oil, onions, celery and red pepper, and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add quinoa and continue to sauté another 1 minute.
- Add vegetable stock and bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes cooking time add the peas and cook for the remaining 10 minutes.
- Stir in tuna and serve.
Tips and Tricks
If you are not a lover of quinoa try it with rice, but if you have never eaten quinoa before give this easy recipe a try. Your taste buds will thank you.
Can be served hot or cold.