Tuna Vietnamese-Style Rice Noodle Salad
Main course or gourmet lunch to go the next day, this will be a well-loved recipe in your home.
- 1 can (120g) Ocean’s No Drain Flaked Light Tuna In Water
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup finely chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- 1 tbsp fresh minced ginger
- ½ jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1 cup dried rice noodles, 1/4-inch thick
- 8 cups iceberg lettuce, thinly chopped
- 1 large carrot, shaved into ribbons
- 1 seedless cucumber, diced into 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 medium radishes, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves
- In a small bowl combine the lime juice, cilantro, sugar, ginger, garlic, and jalapeño and let sit for at least 10 minutes to calm the garlic taste down.
- In a large pot of well-salted water, bring to a boil and cook the rice noodles for 4 minutes, drain and rinse with cold water.
- On a large platter or bowl, combine the noodles with the lettuce, carrot, cucumber, radishes, and mint leaves.
- Flake tuna over salad and toss with dressing.
Tips and Tricks
Garnish with ½ cup of chopped peanuts.