Tuna, Tomato, and Fresh Green Beans Salad
An easy-prep salad with a garlic oil-vinegar base that complements the tomatoes and beans.
- 1 can (130g) Ocean’s No Drain Solid Light Tuna With Sunflower Oil
- 6 medium tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 2 cups green beans, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 3 tbsp fresh savoury, chopped
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ½ cups yellow and orange cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- Salt and pepper
- Put a large pot of salted water on to boil.
- Place tomato wedges in a colander and sprinkle with 1 tsp of salt and set aside.
- When the water comes to a rolling boil, add the beans and cook for 4 minutes until tender and still have a crunch. Remove from hot water, run under cold water and leave to drain.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the chopped savoury, garlic, vinegar and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine the tomato wedges, cherry tomatoes and the beans in a bowl then drizzle with the vinaigrette, toss. Transfer to a shallow serving bowl or platter, sprinkle with tuna chunks and serve.
Tips and Tricks
Beans are high in vitamin B and K. Always use fresh ones if you can get them. If you can’t find savoury, use thyme.