Tuna Potato Puffs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb medium size potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 cup green onion, sliced
- ½ cup green olives, sliced
- 3 cans (80g) Ocean’s Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 4 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375F and grease a muffin tin or line with muffin liners.
- Add potatoes to a large pot of cold salted water and bring to a boil. Cook until potatoes are fork-tender, 40-45 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to a large mixing bowl. Use a fork or potato masher to mash into a smooth consistency. Add ½ cup yogurt, cheddar cheese, ½ of the green onion, olives, and tuna. Season with salt and pepper.
- While potatoes are cooking, separate the egg whites from the egg yolks. Using a hand mixer or whisk, beat the egg whites until firm peaks are formed. If you’re using a whisk, this will take about 7 minutes of steady whisking. Beat the yolks with a fork just until combined. Using a spatula, gently fold the yolks into the whites.
- Add the egg mixture to the potatoes and fold everything in until well incorporated.
- Evenly disperse the mixture amongst the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Finish with a dollop of yogurt, green onion and cracked black pepper.