Comfort food that’s low in fat, and a snap to prepare.
- 2 cans (120g) Ocean’s No Drain Flaked Light Tuna In Water
- ¼ cup red peppers, finely diced
- ¼ cup celery, finely diced
- ¾ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ cup green onions, finely chopped
- Freshly cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded or thinly sliced old cheddar
- 6 thin slices of rye or your favourite bread
- Mix peppers, celery, mayonnaise and cracked pepper in large bowl.
- Fold in tuna – careful not to mash it too much.
- Spoon tuna mixture over rye bread; cover with cheese.
- Broil on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese begins to bubble and brown.
Tips and Tricks
Some like it hot: spice up your tuna melt with a few drops of hot sauce. Or sprinkle a dash of cumin or curry powder for a little Indian flavour. Enjoy with a bowl of tomato soup for a complete lunch.