- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 6 cans (80g) Ocean’s Tuna in Olive Oil, drained but with 2 tbsp of olive oil reserved
- ½ cup green olives, chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp of reserved olive oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add the bell pepper, garlic powder, chili powder, oregano and paprika and cook for 5 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add the tuna and green olives and cook for 5 minutes. Add this mixture to a bowl and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the puff pastry sheets out so you can fit 6 (4.5 inch) circular pieces. Use a cookie cutter to cut out the circles. Reroll the scraps to make extra pieces.
- Place 1 ½ tbsp of filling in the middle of each circle. Wet the inside rim with a bit of water and fold the dough over to form a half-circle. Use your fingers to pinch a seal along the outside of each empanada. You can make folds or simply use a fork to firmly seal the edges.
- Use a pastry brush to lightly brush each empanada with egg.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown, flipping halfway through.