Tuna And Red Lentils Fritters With Spicy Yogurt
- 3 tbsp neutral oil
- 1 cup red lentils, soaked in 2 cups of water for 2 hours (do not discard the water!)
- 1 leek, white parts only, sliced
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1 cup grated beet
- ¼ cup basil, finely sliced
- 3 cans (80g) Ocean’s Tuna in Basil Oil, drained
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- To make the lentil batter, add the lentils and their soaking liquid into a high speed blender or food processor and blend until a smooth puree is formed.
- Add the batter to a mixing bowl with the leek, carrot, beet, half of the basil and tuna.
- Heat 1 tbsp neutral oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Drop a little bit of batter. If it sizzles, the pan is ready. Once hot, work in batches and use a ¼ cup scoop to drop batter into the pan. You may have to add more oil in between batches.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and crispy. Flip and do the same on the other side.
- Season with salt.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the cayenne pepper and lemon juice.
- Garnish each fritter with a dollop of spicy yogurt and fresh basil.