Tuna and Apple Salad
Get your serving of fruit, veggies, and protein all in this salad!
- 1 can (120g) Ocean’s No Drain Flaked Light Tuna In Water
- 2 Granny Smith apples halved, cored, and cut into ¾-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- 1 large stalk of celery thinly sliced crosswise
- 3 tbsp raisins
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted and chopped coarsely
- 1 head romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a medium bowl, toss apples in 1 tbsp lemon juice and set aside.
- In small bowl, whisk together remaining lemon juice, zest and the oil, then add the sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir together tuna, celery, raisins, and walnuts with the apples. Drizzle dressing over mixture stirring to coat.
- Place 1 cup of chopped romaine on a plate. Spoon portion of fruit and tuna mixture onto each bed of chopped lettuce and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks
You can substitute apples with pears.