Sundried Tomato Tuna Tapenade Sandwich
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 2 tsp mustard (yellow, or mustard of choice)
- 2 slices provolone or medium cheddar cheese
- 3 cans (80g) Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil, drained
- 1 tbsp mayo
- ¼ cup sundried tomato, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup kalamata olive, roughly chopped
- ⅛ cup capers, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup iceberg lettuce, shredded
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, mayo, sundried tomato, olive and capers.
- Spread mustard evenly on one side on all slices of bread.
- Layer the tuna mixture, avocado, cheese and lettuce.
I actually used toasted brioche buns with Dijon mustard, which tasted excellent with this product recipe.
Note: This recipe is intended for 2 single-layer sandwiches, entailing 4 slices of bread (as noted on the product package).