Sundried Tomato Tuna Pate With Crostini
- 1 can (15oz) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup cashews, soaked for 2 hours and rinsed
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes
- 3 cans (80g) Ocean’s Solid Light Tuna in Olive Oil, *do not drain
- 3 thyme sprigs, leaves only
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp warm water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Puree the chickpeas, cashews, sundried tomatoes and tuna on low for 1 minute.
- Slowly add in the oil, balsamic vinegar and warm water while continuing to blend on low until a smooth consistency is formed. Season with salt and pepper. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Use a spatula to scrape the mixture into a bowl. Cover and chill for 2 hours.
- Serve on toast or crostini.