Grilled Tuna and Swiss Cheese Sandwich
The basil and sundried tomatoes are an easy way to add an extra punch of flavour to this classic recipe.
- 1 can (130g) Ocean’s No Drain Solid Light Tuna With Sunflower Oil
- ¼ cup sundried tomatoes, oil drained, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup low-fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup baby spinach leaves
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 tbsp butter for frying
- 8 thin slices sourdough or your favourite bread
- Mix sundried tomatoes, basil and mayonnaise in a small bowl.
- Spread a thin layer of mixture over sourdough, add spinach leaves, tuna and cheese, then top with another slice of bread.
- Heat butter in a large non-stick frying pan. Fry sandwiches over medium-high heat on both sides, until golden brown and cheese begins to melt.
Tips and Tricks
Try this one with thinly-sliced brie for extra creaminess. Use arugula instead of spinach.