Pole&Line Flaked Light Tuna
(Skipjack Tuna – Latin: Katsuwonus pelamis)
Caught with a single pole and fishing line this is one of the most environmentally friendly ways to catch fish.
- Pole&Line fishing reduces harm to other sea life like sharks, dolphins, and sea turtles.
- Accounts for 10% of the global tuna catch.
- Characterized by local ownership, fishing closer to shore and for shorter lengths of time, which contribute to securing decent work conditions, providing livelihoods and incomes to small villages in Japan, Indonesia, and the Maldives.
- Skipjack tuna
- Sea salt
- 14g of protein per 55g serving
- Low in fat
- Low in saturated fat
- Free of trans fat
- MSC certified sustainably caught
- Wild caught
- Dolphin friendly
- Certified B Corp
- Ocean Wise Recommended