Salmon Biscuits Benedict
Sunday morning here we come!
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 pinch (of each) salt, cayenne and white pepper
- ⅔ cup butter
- 8 eggs, poached
- 1 can (213g) Ocean’s Sockeye Salmon, drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 tea biscuits, split and toasted
- In a blender, combine egg yolks, lemon juice, salt, cayenne and white pepper; blend about 5 seconds.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and heat until almost bubbling. With blender running, add butter in a slow, thin stream; until emulsified (about 30 seconds). Taste and adjust seasoning.
- Soft poach 8 eggs in a deep frying pan filled with water an 1 tsp white vinegar.
- In a bowl, mix salmon, mayonnaise, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Top each toasted tea biscuit with salmon mixture and 1 egg.
- Spoon Hollandaise sauce over and serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks
For a fancier version, substitute the salmon for 1 can of Ocean’s crab, drained.
English muffins can be used instead of tea biscuits.
In a pinch packaged Hollandaise can be used instead of the blender version. Just prepare to packaged directions.